Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please read these terms and conditions. If you are not sure, just phone us on 0208 806 3994
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of goods by you the Customer
- We are Insight Lighting Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, company number 5707371
- Our registered office is at Studios 5+6 Cell Studios, Grosvenor Works, Grosvenor Way, London E5 9NE
- The Sellers VAT number is 681018840
- Our email address is info at insightlighting.co.uk
- These are the terms by which we sell all goods to you. By ordering any of the goods you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- Contract means the legally binding agreement between you and us for the sale andpurchase of goods
- Delivery location means the suppliers’ premises or other location where the goods are tobe supplied as set out in the order
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you, of the number and description set out in the order
- Order means the customers order for the goods from the supplier as set out in the customers order or in the customers written acceptance of the suppliers quotation.
- The description of the goods is, as set out in our website, or other forms of advertisement.
- In the case of goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide is accurate.
Basis of Sale
- A contract will be formed for the goods ordered, only upon the supplier sending an email to the customer saying that the order has been accepted or if earlier, the suppliers delivery of the goods to the customer.
- Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of thirty days from its date, unless weexpressly withdraw it an earlier time.
- No variation of the contract whether about the description of the goods, price or otherwise can be made after it has been entered into unless an alteration has been agreed by the customer and the supplier in writing.
Price and Payment
- The price of the goods and any additional delivery or other charges for the goods, and the total price of them and the charges, is set by our prices advertised on the date of the order.
- Prices and charges exclude VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the order.
- Payment for goods must be made at least one day in advance of delivery. You must pay either by card over the phone or via Pay Pal before delivery of the goods.
- We will deliver the goods to the delivery location by the time or within the period agreed, or failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside of England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. If however we accept an order for delivery outside this area you may need to pay import duties, other taxes and excess shipping as we will not pay them.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the goods at the delivery location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The goods will become your responsibility from the completion of the delivery. You must if reasonably practicable examine the goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, the goods will pass to you when the goods are delivered to you. You do not own the goods until we have received payment in full.
- You have the right to cancel the purchase of your goods without having to give a reason at any time within the "cooling off period" of fourteen days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
- If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and to take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract.
- We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense. Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
- The buyer shall inspect and test the goods and shall within 7 working days after delivery give notice in writing to the seller of any respect in which he alleges that the goods are not in accordance with the contract. If the buyer shall not have given such notice within that time the goods shall be deemed to be accepted in every respect in accordance with the contract.
Fitness for Purpose
- The seller gives no warranty that the goods are fit for the buyer’s purpose or purposes. The buyer warrants that he has satisfied himself that the goods will be fit for every purpose which he requires them and that he does not rely on any skill or judgment of the seller in that regard.
- The buyer further warrants that:
(a) they are aware that the goods are supplied for the purpose for which they were manufactured, and
(c) the goods will only be used by suitably qualified individuals, and
(d) the goods will be regularly serviced, tested and inspected, and
(e) the goods will not in any way be adapted or altered.
- Nothing in this clause affects the buyer's rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
- Except as set out in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- These Conditions shall apply to any repaired or replacement goods supplied by the seller.
Warranties and Liability
- We have a legal duty to supply the goods in conformity with the contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation:
(a) Subject to the conditions set out below the seller warrants that the goods will correspond with their specification at the time of delivery and will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 6 months from the date of delivery.
- The above warranties are given by the seller, subject to the following conditions:
(a) The seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the seller’s
instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the goods or any article without the seller’s approval.
(b)The seller shall be under no liability under the above warranties (or any other warranty condition or guarantee) if the total price for the goods and/or services has not been paid
by the due date for payment.
- The above warranties shall not extend to goods supplied as second hand.
- Subject as expressly provided in these conditions and except where the goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning and limitations of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977(amended 03) all warranties conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Where the goods are sold under a consumer transaction (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statement) Order 1976) the statutory rights of the buyer are not affected by these conditions.
- Any claim by the buyer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to correspond with specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Buyer) be notified to the seller within 7 days from the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused and the buyer does not notify the seller accordingly the buyer shall not be entitled to reject the goods and the seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure and the buyer shall be
bound to pay the price as if the goods had been delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to meet
specification is notified to the seller in accordance with these conditions the seller shall be entitled to replace the goods (or the part in question), free of charge , or offer a refund for the price of the goods but the seller shall have no further liability to the buyer PROVIDED THAT in any such case the buyer shall be responsible for the costs incurred in transporting the goods or any article to the seller and the costs of the return of transport to the buyer.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the seller’s negligence the seller shall not be liable to the buyer by reason of any representation or any implied warranty condition or other term or any duty at common law or under the express terms of the contract for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise) costs expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the seller its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the goods or their use or resale by the buyer or the performance of the services except as expressly provided in these conditions.
- The seller shall not be liable to the buyer or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the seller’s obligations in relation to the goods if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the seller’s reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the following shall be regarded as causes beyond the seller’s reasonable control: strikes, lockouts or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Seller of a third party).
- Incorrect handling may cause injury to yourself, to others and could possibly damage the items. It is highly recommended to read carefully and follow the instructions included with your item before first use. The seller is not responsible for the incorrect use of the product and any arising damage caused while using it. The seller assumes no responsibility for any damage or injury due to improper use and/or modification of any of its products.
- The supplier does not exclude liability for:
(a) any fraudulent act or omission, or
(b) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Suppliers other legal obligations.
- Subject to this, the supplier is not liable for:
(a) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the
contract was made, or
(b) loss (eg loss of profit) to the customers business, trade, craft, or profession which would not be suffered by a consumer because the supplier believes the customer is buying the goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft of profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The contract (including any contract matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively
Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers would contact us directly. We aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 working days.
All prices are excluding VAT and are subject to change without notice.